KCB Law Firm is seeking an attorney with 1-3 years of experience to join an established, intellectually challenging, and team-oriented law firm. The attorney will represent clients in many areas of the law to include construction, real estate and business.
The attorney will be expected to draft pleadings and discovery, participate in motion practice, appear for hearings and trials, and meet with clients. The attorney will also be expected to handle his/her own case docket and clients provided by the firm. Candidate must be meticulous and have good attention to detail, possess a strong desire to work and learn, and be able to provide great client service. The firm will provide very capable support staff to assist the attorney.
We also believe that the professional development of our attorneys is the responsibility of both the lawyer and the firm. The attorney will meet regularly with the partner(s) to discuss practice development and case strategies as well as any issues or concerns the attorneys may have, including advice on the development of skill areas and/or substantive knowledge.
• 1-3 years of prior legal experience.
• Experience drafting petitions and responding to motions and other pleadings.
• Experience in drafting discovery, conducting depositions, and presenting and defending motions at contested hearings.
• Ability to distill legal research into meaningful written work product.
• Excellent research and analytical skills as well as clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Admitted to the State Bar of Texas with a license to practice law.
• Strong academic background and graduate within the top third of their law school class.
• Able and willing to work daily in the firm’s Austin office.
Our compensation system is competitive with all leading firms in our area which includes an annual bonus. The firm recognizes billable hours, community involvement, participation on firm committees, and business development when considering salary increases. The firm pays for required continuing education and, with approval, any additional courses that directly impact the lawyer’s practice specialization. The firm also offers a highly competitive package of benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation.
Apply by submitting your resume along with a recent writing sample, law school transcripts, and references.