Circumstances often change after a divorce or final court order regarding children. Parties can often find themselves needing to make modifications to a final order to accommodate the particular needs of a family as time goes on. Court orders involving conservatorship, possession and access and child support are rendered on the facts that existed at the time the order was rendered by the court. Upon a court finding that material and substantial change has occurred since that time, the order can be modified based on the best interest of the child.

There could be many reasons why a party would want to request a modification. Some examples include:

  • A change in the employment status of one of the parties
  • A party wants to relocate outside of the geographical area determined by the final order
  • There has been a change which necessitates revisiting the amount of child support paid or visitation schedule
  • The remarriage of one party

Modifications can be negotiated and resolved without court intervention, but the family law attorneys at Bollier Ciccone LLP understand that going to court may be the only option. Advocacy and expertise is often essential. If you are in need of a skilled litigator to represent you in a modification, contact our office today.


Enforcement action may be necessary when a party fails to comply with the terms of a court order. The final or temporary order that was signed by the judge is a legally enforceable court order, and the parties to the lawsuit are bound by its terms. A court retains the jurisdiction to enforce the property division and spousal maintenance and child related issues of conservatorship, child support, and possession and access.

The party who violates the court order can be held in contempt of court and subjected to potential consequences, including payment of attorneys’ fees and other fines and penalties, confinement, and modification of the final terms, including custody. Due to the serious nature of the potential consequences involved in an enforcement action, you need a skilled and experienced family law attorney to advocate for your rights. The family law attorneys at Bollier Ciccone LLP can advise you in enforcing an order or defending against an enforcement. Whether you are seeking to enforce a court order or you are being accused of a violation, our team of family law attorneys are highly skilled in handling family law enforcement issues.

Contact us today to make an appointment for an initial consultation.