AUSTIN, April, 2018 – There is a lot at stake – children, money, pets, assets, financial security, and more. Finding the right legal help is essential for you and your family’s future.
Kiester Ciccone Bollier LLP – KCB Law Firm has successfully helped hundreds of Central Texas clients with divorce, child custody, property division, and other complex family law issues.
Issues to consider when choosing a family law attorney:
- Quality & experience: Is the attorney Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization? This certification is rare and difficult to achieve, demonstrating the highest quality and experience level. What other experience or accreditations does the lawyer have? Look for a detailed professional biography on the lawyer’s website. Leslie Bollier’s family law background is a good example.
- Teamwork pays: You need a team of legal experts on your case, not just one or two people. A team approach offers a higher level of service and can also work to mitigate costs.
- Shop around: Talk with at least two law firms by phone or in-person about your situation and specific needs before selecting a family law attorney.
- Friends & allies: Ask people you trust for referrals and ask these questions about their recommended lawyer:
- What were your results?
- Did the family law attorney understand your issues?
- Did you feel like the family law attorney was on your side and was your advocate?
- Did the family law attorney fight for your best interests?
- Was the family law attorney strategic?
- Was your team responsive by phone and email?
- Was the family law attorney conscientious about costs?
- What were the family law attorney’s experience and qualifications?
- Was the family law attorney realistic while setting expectations?
- Did the family law attorney promise or guarantee certain results?
“Family law issues can change a person’s – and their family’s – lives forever,” says Leslie J. Bollier, family law attorney and partner at KCB Law Firm. “These are emotional, exhausting situations and one can easily feel overwhelmed and not know where to begin when choosing an advocate to turn to. They are worried and feel like they don’t have the time or knowhow to choose wisely. But this is an important decision that will impact everything in their future. Following these tips can help to get started.”
Leslie J. Bollier leads KCB’s family law section. Leslie is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. In 2018, she was selected as a Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, as published in Super Lawyers Magazine and Texas Monthly Magazine. She is also a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists and a Lifetime Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. She is a member of the Family Law Sections of the State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association, and Austin Bar Association. Leslie is also a member of the Travis County Women’s Bar Association and the Collaborative Law Institute. Leslie is an experienced and skilled family law litigator helping Texas families since 2008.
KCB’s legal team has extensive experience litigating and negotiating issues in all family law matters in Austin and throughout Central Texas, including divorce, complex property division and other property issues, child custody, modification, enforcement, alternative dispute resolution, family violence, prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, and more.
About Kiester Ciccone Bollier LLP – KCB Law Firm
Since 1990, KCB has earned the trust of thousands in Central Texas through their unwavering commitment to be client advocates. Garnered by decades of expertise, the KCB team is dedicated to the details of every client’s family and civil legal matters, and will fight to achieve the best possible result. Learn more about the firm, including its community involvement, at KCBlawfirm.com.